Can ppl stop making fun of dark skinned ppls skin not showing up in pictures? Its not funny that you can barely see a dark skinned person in a photo. Its because of white supremacist colorist cameras that were created with a white norm in mind. Its simple shit like this we can do in every day life to eradicate colorism in our communities.
Heres some articles on the subject:
Teaching The Camera To See My Skin is a beautiful and remarkably interesting read, about a subject that I’ve never considered at anything but face value, enough that my own kneejerk reaction was to be skeptical about the possible depth of it. I’m very glad to have pursued the information.
preview: dayglow postcard set for locust moon fest
DRY FISH COLLECTIVE presents a sweet postcard set of 8 based on the theme dayglow
if ya gonna be in philly on october 25th come check us out at locust moon fest!
A girl who cannot become a princess
is doomed to become a witch.
i wanted to post up my favorite spread from peach boy, my momotarou zine!!
my printer has been acting up terribly so i’m not sure when i’ll be able to print more to sell on storenvy, but if you guys are interested i could throw it up on gumroad \o/
mentally ill people are not inherently abusive and mental illness does not excuse abuse. nothing excuses abuse and therefore:
- you have to take responsibility for your abusive actions
- you have to accept the consequences of your abusive actions
fuck this whole apartment
also here’s another lil preview from the momo zine!! i drew so many cute ais for it im not even kidding
Today on the MBTA, someone called 911 over a lady puking on the subway, claiming she was from Liberia and had Ebola. After they had stopped train service on the Orange line, and escorted her away with a horde of cops and medical responders, it was finally established that she was actually of Haitian descent.
The Ebola epidemic is going to spin off into full-on hypochondriac racism really fast, mark my words.
wtf the fuck at all of these posts i’m seeing on my dash defending outright emotional manipulation and abuse in friendships/relationships in general.
if you are at a point in your relationship with someone where:
- they are openly (however passive aggressively) jealous about you spending time with people who aren’t them
- they demand your attention above everyone else’s, or above other things you have going on in your life
- they force you to fulfil a quota of communication with them every day, like communication with them is something you owe them instead of something that should com naturally for both of you
- you have to walk on eggshells around them to avoid making them angry at you
- they refuse to apologise for treating you badly becuase they ‘can’t help’ it
- you feel guilty doing things that aren’t talking to them in case it upsets them
- if you are generally interacting them out of a perceived obligation or fear of upsetting them rather than a genuine desire to speak to them
- A MULTITUDE of really unhealthy shit
that is not healthy. that is not a sign of a healthy friendship. stop defending this shit.
From the very first, the movement that became #GamerGate was never about “ethics”. (TW for threats, slurs, homophobia, mention of suicide, and so much misogyny.) Document will likely be updated.
hey so if you ever wanted to see a series of screencaps of /r9k/ users plotting and scheming and figuring out how to launch what would later be dubbed #gamergate in an attempt to justify a hate campaign against zoe quinn while also admitting that a lot of them think the post from zoe’s ex is mostly bullshit and that they just wanted an excuse to harass a woman they already hated
all on DAY ONE of this bullshit way back in august
well then here’s this
if you can read this and still think that gamergate is a legitimate consumer revolt movement then i don’t even know what to say to you